A part of the castle that includes the Rainon Tower, called the Clock Tower, was sold to the Bishops in the thirteenth century; the other tower was exchanged with King Charles VIII of France in the fifteenth century. Both had their courts and prisons.
The rooms served as prisons until 1926, when Uzes lost its status as sub-prefecture.
Later they were transformed into reserve space, municipal workshops as well as residences.
Abandoned for decades, the restored rooms come alive again through
the creation of the Garden in medieval style in 1995.